Friday, August 5, 2011

Lunchbox Guest Post Swap Featuring Alissa of Not Just Apples

A note from the Family Grokumentarian: Today I am doing a lunchbox guest post swap with Alissa of Not Just Apples - so you'll see some of what my family has been eating this week over on her blog. I am excited to introduce you to her (for those who don't know her blog!) because of her dedication to eating wholesome, real foods. Be sure to pop on over and check out her blog!

**************************

G’day to all Primal Kitchen readers - my name is Alissa and I write the blog Not Just Apples. We’re doing a lunchbox swap today, as well as sharing a few recipes with you too!

I’ve been eating and living a mostly primal lifestyle for the last few months, and I’m loving it! Discovering this Grok family blog has been so inspiring for me - to help me plan my meals better, and make sure I get in an awesome variety of food, cooked in lots of interesting ways to enhance flavour.

So, without further ado, here is today’s lunchbox:



♥ There's a zucchini bacon ragout, leftover cooked pumpkin, sliced boiled egg, raw beetroot and apple sticks. I love making a ragout, just simple frying up onions, minced garlic, courgette, bacon and any other leftover veggies with a jar of tomatoes, bay leaf and a little oregano. Stewed slowly to perfection, and a little grated cheese added at the end it’s just wonderful hot or cold.



♥ Roast aubergine slices - one of my favourite vegetables, cooked in the most perfect way. Sliced, salted for 30 minutes, rinsed, shallow fried in butter (or bacon fat is also good), then popped in the oven for 15 minutes drizzled with olive oil, mixed herbs, salt and pepper, until crispy and juicy. So so good!!

[Family Grokumentarian note: aubergine = eggplant. Though I wish we Americans also said "aubergine" instead of "eggplant" - it sounds so much more elegant, non? :) ]




♥ Chocolate chia seed pudding - I’ve only recently discovered chia seeds, and the amazing gel you can create with them. This particular batch was - 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 4 Tbsp milk, 1 Tbsp homemade apple sauce, ½ Tbsp cocoa powder, a dash of cinnamon. Mix it all together, then let sit for 15 minutes to gel. Enjoy!



Well, I hope you enjoy trying out some of these dishes, and thanks for reading! Have a brilliant day. :)


~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I cherish your comments, each and every one!

Please note that comments that are off-topic or of a gratuitously promotional nature will not be published. Also, for reasons of privacy, comments with my name or family members' names will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...