Monday, August 30, 2010

Lunchbox Adventures to Come

We are so excited! My 3.5 year old daughter starts preschool in just a couple of weeks. I have already blogged about her sweet bento lunchbox, and now I'm starting to really brainstorm ideas about what primal goodies I can put in her lunchbox. (I wonder: are preschoolers already trading lunchbox items with each other?)

Here are some of my ideas - stuff that I already know that she loves to eat:
  • Miniquiches - soon I may try Gillian Fritch's delicious-looking Crustless Quiche recipe
  • Custards
  • Banana pudding (prepared in a glass dish, then chilled and transferred to one of the bento containers with lids)
  • Chicken salad - made with yoghurt and seasonings
  • Guacamole and veggies to dip
  • Yoghurt dip and veggies to dip
  • Hard boiled eggs
  • Trail mix (if her preschool "does" nuts...? still don't know there)
  • Almond butter and apple slices (same as above)
  • Yoghurt blended with fruit
  • Roast beef (maybe rolled around some avocado with wasabi powder sprinkled inside)
  • Dried fruit
  • Mashed sweet potatoes
  • Baked/cubed sweet potatoes
  • Cheeses (including organic string cheese! :-D)
  • Organic applesauce packs, via Trader Joe's
Stay tuned - all lunchbox series items over the coming months will be tagged with the label lunchboxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I cherish your comments, each and every one!

Please note that comments that are off-topic or of a gratuitously promotional nature will not be published. Also, for reasons of privacy, comments with my name or family members' names will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...